Your current browser version is too low, in order to bring you a better browsing effect, please use a higher version browser
Tungsten heavy alloys(the density is up to 18.5g/cm³)are made of tungsten based with two phase composites of Ni, Fe or Cu as additions to form a ductile matrix. Tungsten heavy alloys have good machining properties, excellent radiation resistance, lower expansion coefﬁcient, high strength and modulus of elasticity which make it extensively used in balance weights for submarine and vehicles, aircraft components, nuclear and medical shields , ﬁshing and sport tackles etc. AT&M can produce various big-size tungsten heavy alloy parts by CIP, various small parts by mold pressing, extruding or MIM, various high-strength plates, bars and shafts by forging, rolling or hot extruding.
Features are as below:
• High Density：Max as 18.8 g/cm³
• High Strength：Tensile strength as 700-1000 MPa.
• Excellent Radiation Protection：Tungsten alloy is 1.7 times than Lead in radiation protection capability with same thickness.
• The Coefficient of Thermal Conductivity: The thermal conductivity coefficient of tungsten alloy is 5 times of die steel.
• Small Thermal Expansion Coefficient: Tungsten thermal expansion coefficient is 4~6×10-6/℃, only iron or steel 1/2-1/3.
• Good Plasticity, Machining and Welding Capability.
• Compared with lead toxicity, tungsten alloy is zero damage of environment. Radiation detectors made by tungsten alloy has no harm to human body.
• Compared with tungsten nickel copper alloy, tungsten nickel iron alloy has ferromagnetic property, and the mechanical properties, processing properties are better than tungsten copper nickel alloy.
Typical applications are as below:
• Material for collimators and shielding components in radiotherapy.
• Balancing weight parts which are used in balancing rotating systems
• Molds which are used for aluminum casting
• Kinetic energy materials
• Source holders for mining
• CERN is the European Organization for Nuclear Research, the world’s largest particle physics centre. AT&M is proud of supplying the tungsten heavy alloys for the Accelerators and Detectors.CERN awarded AT&M the excellent supplier for the best quality and excellent service.
|Main Specification||Grades of AT&M|
|Nominal Tungsten content||wt%||90||92.5||95||97||90||92.5||95|
|Corresponding Standard SAE-AMS-T-21014||Class 1||Class 2||Class 3||Class 4||Class 1||Class 2||Class 3|
|Corresponding Standard ASTM-B-777-87||Class 1||Class 2||Class 3||Class 4||Class 1||Class 2||Class 3|